Slow cooker pulled pork. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is incredibly easy to make and wonderful to have on hand to add protein to meals. We make a batch every week, and after Pulled pork is the next best thing to chicken breast as far as keeping protein on hand goes, if you ask me. You can do SO many things with pulled pork.
Because slow cookers are designed to cook food at a consistent temperature for hours on end, they are an ideal vessel for perfect braising. The delicious defatted cooking liquid keeps the pulled pork moist, but you can replace or augment it with a finishing sauce. While burnt bits would be delicious, they're not totally necessary. You can cook Slow cooker pulled pork using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker pulled pork
- You need 1 of 2-4 pound pork roast or beef roast.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 jar of of mild/med/hot salsa (salsa verde works perfect also).
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper is optional. Be careful if u add salt as the salsa contains plenty already!.
- You need 1 of Chopped bell peppers is also optional.
For simple, juicy pulled pork, you can cook the pork from start to finish in the slow cooker. Pulled pork is perfect for the slow cooker. Making pulled pork in a slow cooker or crockpot is easy, but we still have a few tips for you, so you make it best. [If you love cooking with your slow cooker, try our Ultimate Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken, it's delicious.] How to make The Best Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is a big claim but I can tell you I've tried a lot of pulled pork recipes and this one is at the top of What makes this the best slow cooker pulled pork? Just the right blend of spices (most you should have on hand) rubbed into a pork shoulder roast make.
Slow cooker pulled pork step by step
- Chop onion and place in the slow cooker.
- Add meat.
- Pour salsa over the meat, cover with lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours..
- Shred and enjoy on tacos, burritos, salads, burgers etc..
- If u have leftovers, use in enchiladas!.
This easy recipe for pulled pork done in the slow cooker uses a simple spice mixture, onions, garlic, and chicken broth. As with other cooked meats, pulled pork can be stored in an airtight container and placed in the refrigerator. It should, however, be consumed or frozen within a few days. Pulled pork is exactly what a slow-cooker is meant to be used for—to slowly braise food, in a steamy environment until exceedingly tender. Slow cooker pulled pork is juicy, flavorful and delicious.