Old Fashioned Country Meatloaf on a Budget. This classic meatloaf recipe will be a family favorite for years to come. You can't go wrong serving this dish alongside buttery creamed potatoes and fresh green beans! For dinner tonight, try Paula Deen's Old-Fashioned Meatloaf recipe, a comforting Southern classic from Food Network.
To be sure the meatloaf is done, insert an instant-read. This old-fashioned meatloaf is baked with a topping of ketchup or barbecue sauce. It's hard a resist a good meatloaf, especially on a cold day. You can have Old Fashioned Country Meatloaf on a Budget using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Country Meatloaf on a Budget
- You need 1 envelope of Marcrum meatloaf mix (SAVE A LOT brand).
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 of bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 small of onion.
- It’s tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of *** as i said, gotta cook quick so I use a mix, but add seasoning to keep it tasting home made..
- Prepare 1 of **** the recipe for the meat mix can be found on my profile..
- You need of GLAZE.
- You need 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar, packed.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard.
This ultimate comfort food is a great meal to make when your want to fill the house with some good savory smells and go about your business doing something. Nothing says comfort like a good, old-fashioned meatloaf. This is a very easy and versatile recipe and I hope you'll give it a try. Not like we need another meatloaf recipe, but I figured I'd should post my Grandma's for people like me who like a quick easy meatloaf without a lot of fuss.
Old Fashioned Country Meatloaf on a Budget step by step
- break ground beef by hand I like an80/20 ground beef blend.. I use my MEAT MIX and add the pkg of meatloaf mix..
- the instructions on the pkg says add an egg and water. you can add broth, tomato juice, or tomato sauce. mix by hand.. and form into a loaf… cook uncovered for 30 minutes at 350°.
- I remove the particles around the meatloaf…drain off grease…..
- the BBQ sauce should turn dark…
- *** I make pan gravy, homemade mashed potatoes, and sweet peas…
- mix glaze while meatloaf was cooking….. put glaze ontop of meatloaf … and put back in oven turn…. leave uncovered… bake for about 15 minutes.
A tireless chameleon, meatloaf is up to its old tricks again. With more television shows that document exotic fare, eclectic cookbooks that chronicle dishes from around the. Moist and tender homemade meatloaf is old fashioned comfort food. There is nothing that says home like a good, old fashioned meatloaf. It's basic, it's easy, it's budget friendly, and just about everyone has memories of a childhood table laden with steaming slices of tender meatloaf next to.