Mexican mac and cheese. This pasta recipe is very quick and easy to prepare, and it's also a very popular recipe for kids! Mac and Cheese is not a traditional Mexican recipe, but it has somehow been adopted in many Mexican homes and is a favorite at children's parties and other types of. MEXICAN MAC AND CHEESE can't be beat!
Serve garnished with cilantro and jalapenos. Mexican Mac and Cheese. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Macaroni and cheese—also called mac 'n' cheese in the US and Canadian English, macaroni cheese in the United Kingdom—is a dish of cooked macaroni pasta and a cheese sauce. You can have Mexican mac and cheese using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican mac and cheese
- Prepare 16 oz of chorizo sausage.
- You need 3 cups of cheddar.
- Prepare 16 oz of penne pasta.
- Prepare 6 T of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 T of worchestshire sauce.
- You need 1/2 t of ground mustard.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 can of corn with peppers (mexicorn).
Be the first to rate & review! In prepared baking dish layer half of the cooked pasta, half the sausage mixture, and half the cheese. Mexican flavors meet macaroni and cheese in this simple and healthier recipe that is MUY delicioso! Top with bread crumbs and additional cheese if desired.
Mexican mac and cheese step by step
- Set oven to 350.
- Remove casing from sausage. In a dutch oven cook and crumble. Drain and set aside..
- While sausage cooks boil water for pasta and cook til al dente. Drain and set aside..
- To the Dutch oven add butter and flour. Whisk for 1 minute. Be sure to scrape delicious sausage bits up..
- Add milk and cream. Heat to just under boiling, stirring continuously until thick..
- Reduce heat to med/low. Add worchestshire, mustard, salt and pepper..
- Add 2 cups cheese. Stir until smooth..
- Stir in pasta, sausage, and drained corn..
- Transfer to 9 x 13 casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese..
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly around edge, cheese browned on top..
This Mexican mac 'n cheese is not quite up to par with hers, but it comes in a close second. For me, it brought back some very sweet memories from that trip. Maybe it's just me, but I think it definitely has the ability to warm you up from the inside out. 😉. Check out this mexican mac and cheese recipe that I love! Keyword: bacon, cheese, Corn, Monterrey Jack cheese, mozzarella, onion, pasta, pati's mexican table, poblanos, Zucchini.